We are aware that Taco Bell beef consists of 88% ground beef, but what makes up the remaining 12%? The 12 percent comes with a generous measure of seasoning.
"Seasoned Beef" is comprised of beef, water, seasoning, salt, and sodium phosphates, according to the company's Ingredients page.
Del Taco is another chain whose beef has a distinctive flavor due to a complex combination of ingredients known as "seasoning."
According to Science Direct, the restaurant's "seasoned beef" is mostly beef, water, and "textured vegetable protein," a high-protein soy product used to stretch meat.
Tacos from Jack in the Box are 100% beef. The "meat" also contains a variety of additional additives.
This resembles ground dark poultry, textured vegetable protein, defatted soy granules (the soy), and a variety of seasonings.
There is at least some soy in the beef served at Taco John's, although the exact constituents are difficult to determine.
According to the allergen information posted on the chain's website, every single item containing ground beef lists soy as a present allergen.